Sunday 26 August 2007

Home Safe

Just a quickie (darling) to say I got home safe.

Turkey was sweaty to the very end (and that'll probably be my abiding memory of the country).

On the flight home I found myself next to a delightful Newfoundlander called Jennifer. Much travelled before and at the end of 4 months on the road, returning to "school" (but not college :-)) in Halifax.

Landed at Heathrow to find the take-off runway closed and planes not leaving their gates, but BA juggled their planes and we were delayed for less time than I've often taxyed (apparently that's how you spell it).

I bumped into old friends and colleagues Al and Heather in the immigration queue, just back from hols in Larnaca after being flooded out recently.

Elaine was waiting to take me back home (thank you lots).

I rounded off the day falling asleep in my own bed, half-way-through watching recorded F1 qualifying from back in Istanbul, just a short drive from where I started today.

Home and happy.

No comments: