Tuesday 14 August 2007

Don't Read This

Hello,
I know that thousands of people start blogs and then give up on them. I have the mild distinction that I don't really want to have a blog in advance.
I don't think my life or opinions are so interesting that strangers would ever wish to read about them. I write an A4 sheet every Christmas and enclose it with cards to university friends that I haven't seen for years. My reasoning is that I like to get theirs and see that they're still alive and well. Some have said they like my annual missive, but who can tell to what extent they're just being polite?
So the experience relevant to blogging (perhaps) is that each year I sit to compose the newssheet and think that nothing has happened and each year it fills itself and ends up readable. Maybe this will work the same?
The particular stimulus that has made me open a blog is the short-ish holiday I've been planning this evening, of which I'll say more if it comes off. Specifically, my friend Sue said she'd like to follow my progress online. It sounds like a recipe for spending half of every day looking for an internet cafe.
Another friend kept a blog during a (rather more exciting) trip to the Far East.

1 comment:

Sue Morgan said...

Hi
Just so you know I am following your journey avidly and somewhat jealously. Not boring at all.Love ya