Saturday 9 June 2012

Singapore 8/9 June 2012

We were at home longer than we intended due to my tummy troubles (which are not resolved even after two trips to doctor, and tests which were clear, I was advised to take probiotics and watch my diet. Therefore, on advice from GP, I am currently avoiding - amongst other things - wheat, gluten, caffeine, spices, any fruit or veg with seeds and strangely onions ........ and alcohol - so at least my liver should be healthy - all of which can apparently irritate the gut - have been eating peanuts as I thought these were okay (cannot eat crisps) but after looking on the Internet, they are a definite no no!

We, therefore, flew out to Singapore at 11.30am on the 8/6 on a 12 hour flight and, due to the time difference, landed at 7am on the 9/6.

We got a train from the airport to our hotel and after a bit of confusion about which stop we should get off at, we arrived at the hotel just after 9am, luckily we were able to get into our room straightaway (although twin beds, otherwise we would have had to wait until midday). Unfortunately, my tummy has not been good again today, so I stayed in hotel room and Dave went out for a couple of hours to explore Singapore. This is VERY frustrating as I so want to be able to fully enjoy this last leg of our once in a lifetime trip and to remember it for the right reasons. Hoping a good night's sleep (we both did not have good night's sleep before we left nor slept on the flight) will be beneficial.

So fingers crossed that I get to enjoy the full day we have in Singapore tomorrow and that my tum gets better for the rest of the trip.

I felt a bit better on Dave's return, so we ate in the hotel tonight, Dave from the 'all you can eat' buffet; I had lamb shank and mashed potatoes and veg (all okay foods!). We met a really nice Aussie couple who we chatted to, so it made a nice evening.

No comments: